Friday, February 4, 2011

Too much, Too little...WTH?

Interesting workout week thus far. Wed morning I got up and went to master's swim. Endurance sesssion and it went well. I have come to find that i really love being in the water. I think its fun to challenge myself to things I would have never thought possible. If you had seen me swim at my first sprint tri you would have understood exactly what i am referring to. After a long day at work between home health and pediatric PRN i made it to the gym. Only completed a 3.5 mile run. I was planning on 5, but then out of no where, I was starved. As crazy as it sounds, I became fixated on getting something to eat. Clearly, the obvious solution was to jump off the treadmill (aka "the dreadmill") and head straight to Cracker Barrell to meet Jason.

Thursday morning I got up as promised and headed to spin class with Holly. If you are a member of the Wellness Center and are looking to have a good spin workout, her Tuesday/Thursday classes are the way to go. She challenges you up hills (long ones I might add), sprints, and down flat roads with resistance. I feel I get one of the best workouts when I am in her class. It is just sooooooooooooo hard to get that early at least 4 of 5 days a week. Anyone have any tips? As always, Thursday nights consist of Foot Rx Group Runs. I ran with my friends Lianne and Lana and we finished in 41:30. A bit under an 8:30 mile. Good as always to see my running family. Thursday nights are one of my favorite nights of the week. I always get so inspired to be with a group of people whom love doing the same thing I do. I am never short of amazed of the dedication and determination of the people I see week after week. Rain or shine, hot or cold...they are faithfully there, ready to run. I love it! If you are in the area, you should come run with us and meet some of the best people I know :)

Today-not so happy day. I am officially sick. I have admitted it. Not. Happy. At. All. I tried taking Nyquil and sleeping it off last night. Unfortunately, I had to miss Master's Swim this morning (insert sad face here). Although, I tried to make it to work, I only lasted a couple of hours. I am now back home laid up on the couch. Hopefully, if i rest today and maybe tommorrow, I will feel like either a long ride or run on Sunday. I am disappointed becasue I had been having such a good trainging week. Perhaps I was doing too much exercise on too little sleep? Eh. Who knows.

Time to sniff some Vics Vapor Rub.

No comments:

Post a Comment