Monday, August 22, 2011

6 days out.

First and foremost, thank you all for the words of encouragement and hugs. So today, thanks to facebook, it is has fully hit me that this is happening. soon. For almost a year now, i have followed the official IRONMAN site on fb. I have watched as they have talked about other IM events. Today, the first post about Louisville appeared. Wow. Seriously, could the next six days slow down just a bit? Yesterday, I had a headache. That doesnt happen to me! Now is not the time for this to happen. Grr. On a lighter note, literally and figuratively speaking, I am trying to decide between racing my wheel set or the roval's (thanks steve p :) ) although, you will be missed and i still wish you were sharing this experience with us. I am torn between racing a wheel set I am comfortable with or a more aero set. I guess tonight will be the determining factor. Sigh. Breathe in, Breathe out.

I am going to offer up my sincerest apologies ahead of time for being distracted, tearful, and a bit moody over the next week. Do not take it personally. It is the single biggest thing I have ever done in my life and I want to do it well. So any advice, encouragement, or ice cream thrown my way is always greatly appreciated. More so than my words could ever express.

Big shout out to Piney Flats Bike and Fitness for taking care of my bike and helping me get stragihtened out. You guys rock. I still fell like one of the luckiest people in the world to be a part of the running and cycling community that I am. I couldn't ask for better training partners and friends.  I owe you all lots of hugs and trips to menchies.

I keep refering back to Adam Goucher's advice to Kara on the day she raced Boston- "Race confident, calm, and free." His blog about her racing experience rocked-as did her post race blog. Way to keep it classy Goucher's- you all are a true class act.








No comments:

Post a Comment