Monday, August 15, 2011

Almost time

It has officially been forever since I updated this. What can I say? Ironman training took over my life. Clearly, so much has happened since my last post. Countless hours in the pool and at Warriors swimming in the duck poo lake. Yes friends, duck poo. I have pedaled more miles than i ever dreamed possible. Jamie and I finally completed our first 100 mile ride! it was a great riding day for us. I think that might have been one of my favorite accomplishments to date! Thankfully, the past few weeks have been great running weather. I have found my love for running again with this approaching fall weather.

Rather than spend this blog talking about the ups and downs of the past few months of training, i want to start by thanking people, personally, whom have supported me along the way (in no particular order :) )-

Jamie Williams- My Ironman faithful training partner and friend. Wow, what a blessing to have met you and the friendship we have formed over the past 6 months. I cannot wait to hug you and cry with you when we are finished and holding our medals!!! I couldnt have done this without you. You are a wonderful friend and person. And my rock through these past few months.

Tony Williams-Thank you for sharing Jamie with me over the past few months. and the countless miles you rode with us. Had it not been for your words of wisdom and coaching, i would still be spinning without getting anywhere. I appreciate your help more than words can ever express.

Jason Lewis-You are ultimately responsible for me being here. Even though I know you dont have facebook and will only get wind of this from someone else telling you...Thank you for believing in me, supporting me, picking me up when i was down, and most of all being my best friend. You are stronger than you give yourself credit for. When i found out that you too had broken your wrists, my heart was sad for you, but...I knew you, and knew it wouldnt stop you for a minute. So here is to qualifying for Kona. Go big or go home...broken wrists and all :)

Jamie Mains- I love you sweet friend. You have encouraged me every step along the way, when i thought i couldnt run anymore, you cheered me on. You are the ultimate running partner. and my partner in crime. Thanks for dragging me through many hot sweaty miles early in the am. and late at night. You believe in me even when i havent believed in myself. "that's what friends are for..." :) <3 u bestie

Jill Hayter (and David)- What a joy and blessing it has been training with you all over the past several months. I could go on and on about how much i love you and am glad to be a part of your life. Thank you for pedaling through the past 6 months with me. And ALWAYS being encouragers.  There is not a time I could feel down or unsure when you are around. that is a gift, and I appreciate you sharing it with me. Thank you for being such a wonderful friend and such a big fan. And to answer your question, should you choose to embarq on this journey...I will join u

To my foot Rx Running family (Allison, Steve, Chris, Terry, Sherry, Teresa, Debi,  Hannah, Ben, Tom, Linda, Jason S., Brinson, niki and everyone else) Thank you thank you thank you!!! Every mile i have ran over the past 6 months has been with one of you all or more by my side. Words of gratitude will never be enough. As the next few weeks come to a conclusion, I look forward to starting my next journey with you all...Fall marathon training. here is to long runs on the creeper followed by stops at the port a pottys and trips to wendy's. Hoo Rah!

My cycling friends (Melissa, Varinka, Spencer, Dave, Rachel, Kathy, Alan, Scott, and Gretchen)- as you all know, the bike has been my biggest obstacle to over come. Thank you all for pedaling through it with me. I am a runner, through and through. but...I have grown to love my bicycle equally as much. thanks to you all for sharing your passion and enthusiasm with me.

I am sure there are so many more of you I have forgotten to add on here. Considering it is nearly midnight, please forgive me. I will try and chronicle my thoughts/feelings over the next few days on here. and please please please follow myself, Jamie, Alan, Scott, Gretchen, and Jason at Ironmanlive.com on raceday! let us hear it!

















1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you, your perseverance and determination! You didn't quit even when you were left in the back of the pack, you kept pedaling until that day that you were able to be in the front. You have already done the IronMan, now you are going to celebrate it officially and I hope I can take enough people with me to help you and all the others celebrate the accomplishment! I will pray for you. Do it for His glory! God bless you Jenna!

    ReplyDelete