Friday, January 21, 2011

Becasue of Niki...

Recently, Niki Ferguson approached my dear friend Jamie Mains about doing the Disney Princess Half Marathon. One thing led to another, I signed up along with our good friends Sherry and Allison. Needless to say, I am pumped. What could be more exciting than running through Magic Kingdom and giving Mickey high fives with some of my favorite running friends? If you said nothing, I am in one hundred percent agreement.

Since Niki decided to run the race she also decided to start a running training blog. Thus far, I have been inspired and thouroughly enjoyed reading her posts. Sometime, while reading her blog, I played around with the idea of starting one of my own. So here it is. Let me be clear, if you have no intrest in running, endurance sports, triatahlons, hearing about my training (both ups and downs), or simply me...then this is not for you. If, however, by chance you do feel free to share with me my journey over the next year (or however long I decide to keep this blog), then by all means, read on.

As some of my close friends already know, I have strongly been considering doing the Ford Louisville Ironman with my boyfriend, Jason-whom which would obviously finish several hours in front of me :). Last year, when I went and watched Jason complete his first Ironman, I was amazed at the athletes and determination of everyone out there. Somewhere in the back of my mind I thought I would like to try that. As the months passed, I focused on one thing and one thing only-qualifying for Boston! On December 4, 2010 I crossed the finish line of the West Palm Beaches Marathon Festival in 3:38:03-a Boston Qualifying time!!  But...do to the fact that Boston filled up so quickly, I am now waiting to see if they tighten up times and if mine is good enough. I figure as I wait, I may as well look onward to my next goal-breaking 3:35 and completing an Ironman. With the encouragement of Jamie Willams and Ben Rasnick, I have come to the decision that I will begin the training next month. I know I have alot of work ahead of me-especially when it comes to cycling. I suppose come Feburary or beginning of March, I will go full force into training. If anyone ever wants to go on a ride, give me a call. I will need all of the practice I can get.

In the meantime, I will continue my early morning swims and long sweaty little jaunts (thanks Sid!). As in of now, not sure what my running plan is for tommrrow. Something between 6-8 likely. Then a long run on Sunday with Jamie Williams and hopefully Jamie Mains (any of my other fellow running friends are welcome to join us).

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jenna! Like your blog! I didn't know you were heading to Disney, that's exciting, maybe we can get together in Disney. Wouldn't that be awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete