Saturday, January 29, 2011

War Party 10K

What a beautiful day out! I am in awe of what God does to lift our spirits. I could not have possibly asked for better weather for the War Party 10K. There was such a great turn out! i was pleased to see everyone out taking advantage of this lovely weather. Only thing missing...Jamie Mains. Just isnt the same without her there. However, she was excused from this one due to a Girls on the Run Meeting :).

I ran a 48:08 on the course averaging 7:45 miles. For the most part, I was pleased. Especially considering the tough hill you have to climb twice! However, I am a bit disappointed that I didnt run a bit faster up the hill the second time around. It killed my average. Such is life. Thanks to Tom Murrell, Linda Morgan, Mark and Lianne Jennings, Ray Gravitte, Ben Rasnick, Anita, and Allison Pastorik for cheering me on. Great job voluntering friends! Always good to see you all.

Three cheers for Teresea Lindamood, Sherry Richardson, Debi Secor, and Lana Moore for running some awesome times today! You all rock! Very proud of each of you.

Tommorrow's Plan: Tackle White Lightening Ride with Ben, Jamie and Tony Williams. Pray my legs hold up. Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment