Sunday, January 30, 2011

South Holston Dam Ride

Today was my first of many bike rides while training for the Ironman. And what a perfect day for a ride it was! Temperatures averageing between 63-65 degrees at the end of January! The company was splendid too...Thanks to Tony, Jamie, and Ben for riding with me and offering me lots of words of encouragements and advice :) I appreciate more than you all know.

Our ride began from the cabose in bluff city and continued down Egypt Road onto Silvergrove which led us to Riverside. It was a beautfiul ride along side the river. We came out at Hickory Tree Store and headed towards south holston dam. I particularly enjoyed this ride secondary to riding right past where my grandparents and dear great aunt E lived. Many fond memories.

The hardest part of the ride for me was the climb up South Holston. It was my first real climb to date. Although it was difficult, I was thrilled to have made it to the top. I cant wait to do it again, only faster next time :) By the time we finished our ride, my  legs were a spent. However, I am already looking forward to next weekend when I will get to ride again!

No comments:

Post a Comment